Lifestyle

Treating My Interstitial Cystitis with Charlotte’s Web

July 10, 2017

Photo by Don Huynh

A couple of months ago I wrote a post about how CBD oil with low THC has helped clear up the symptoms of my Interstitial Cystitis. I got a lot of emails from women who struggle with the same problem. They asked me questions about how I deal on a daily basis with my disease. I want to help as many women as possible who are going through the same thing because it SUCKS!

We have symptoms almost every day, there is no cure, and all of the treatment options “might work”. A lot of us are feeling fed up. I know I was. I was talking a medication called AZO which was starting to hurt my liver.

The CBD with THC has worked great, it is just impossible to find in Utah because of the laws.  After seeing a video on Buzzfeed about a woman named, Kelsey Darragh, who tried medical marijuana to treat her chronic pain, she talked about a product called Charlotte’s Web. It worked amazing for her pain and so I had to get my hands on some.

Watch the video here

Charlotte’s Web is legal in all states because it contains Hemp instead of THC. Charlotte’s Web was developed for a little girl named Charlotte, who had daily seizures. Her parents were determined to find a solution. The Stanly Brothers invented the product Charlotte’s Web and ever since it has provided Charlotte with relief.

Since it ships in all 50 states, I was able to get online and order some right away. I ordered the Charlotte’s Web Everyday Plus Hemp Oil in Mint Chocolate Chip. It is $74.99 for the smallest bottle but it has lasted me a long time. I take a small dropper full in the morning and at night.

Since then I have not had to take AZO or done anything else to treat my Interstitial Cystitis. I also have not had to take any migraine medication because I have not had a migraine in over a month. I think it is from the oil being constantly in my system. It is also totally safe for the liver. Hopefully, it can help to restore my liver, after much damage.

It is a miracle! I am so grateful for this product and hope other pain sufferers give it a try. Send me an email at catherineinthecity@yahoo.com if you have any questions. I am here to help!

Xoxo Catherine

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Lelio Vieira Carneiro July 30, 2017 at 4:23 am

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!
    Extremely useful info specially the final part 🙂 I maintain such info much.
    I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and
    best of luck.

• Reply Allison Carey December 4, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for this information! When you say “small dropper full”, are you taking the dosage amount that is listed on the bottle, in the morning and at night? I am trying to decide what product to get from their site and wanted to try the same dosage as you to see if I can achieve the same result. Thank you for sharing!!

• Reply catherineinthecity December 5, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Hi! Sometimes I take one dropper full and sometimes I take two. The bottle suggests two droppers. It just depends how much pain I am in. I know some people that only need one dropper full. I would test it out and start small 🙂

• Reply Alex Maldo December 6, 2017 at 12:13 pm

That is one deep information, I really like the way you describe the details about CBD and its benefits. I’ve got an experience about CBD oil. I used to have depression and started taking CBD oil as my friend recommend it. It really worked. Now i’m very happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for something regarding this.

• Reply Mara December 8, 2017 at 3:08 am

Great post! I’ve been suffering with ic for a few years. Did you start off with the lesser of the strength one?
    And is this product helps with the inflammation and burning?

• Reply catherineinthecity December 8, 2017 at 4:20 am

Hi! I started out with the middle strength one. It’s the “plus” one. And yes, I suffer the most from burning and inflammation and this helps so much!

• Reply Mara December 8, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Thanks! Do u use daily or just when symptoms arise? Also, do you follow any ic diet restrictions? I do not personally. I seem to feel sometimes it doesn’t do anything or maybe it does, but too hard to keep track!

• Reply catherineinthecity December 8, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I use it as symptoms arise. Which is usually almost everyday. I don’t follow the diet because I tried that one time and didn’t notice much of a difference. I hope you find something that helps! IC is no fun and makes everything so hard.

• Reply Mara December 8, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I’m so happy to have found your blog. So inspirational! It’s hard to find someone who is relatable with this crazy problem who lives a healthy lifestyle! I’m on a mission to fix it.
        Have you ever worked wih any functional medicine “root cause” doctors who look at the whole body? I’ve found out some things that can possibly be causing my ic and I’m working on fixing them. Pretty powerful but I’m just not their yet with healing. It’s been almost a year since I learned what my “issues” are. I truely believe our bodies can heal. I am the same, don’t follow the diet. It’s no fun and don’t think it helps that much.
        Thanks for sharing such a personal journey

• Reply catherineinthecity December 8, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Of course!!! I am so happy my blog is helping people 🙂 That is why I decided to open up about my condition. I have learned so much from the women who have reached out. I have actually never tried trying to find the root cause but I will have to look into that! It sounds interesting and like it could help a ton!

• Reply MARIE T February 4, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Has the cbd oil continued to provide relief or is a tolerance being built up as time passes?

• Reply catherineinthecity February 4, 2018 at 7:35 pm

It has provided relief for almost a year! However, I don’t use it everyday.

• Reply MARIE T February 5, 2018 at 1:19 am

Thank you so much for the quick response… your blog is encouraging that there’s alternatives to the options the Dr has given so far. One more quick question for now… if you don’t take it everyday, does that imply it’s effective quickly, to relieve symptoms as they arise?

• Reply hope scott February 11, 2018 at 1:13 pm

I have been a victim of IC for 15 years and tried everything–yes everything. Diet doesn’t seem to effect me and my sensitivities to medications always made my bladder worse-even supplements like the desert harvest aloe vera! I am now trying CBD oil-I have my medical card. My question is —I cannot tolerate any THC (0.8%-is what Im using) Is it possible that the CBD alone can help with my pain,frequency and pressure–I have no burning.. thank u so much for your blog!!!

• Reply catherineinthecity February 13, 2018 at 5:51 pm

Hi! Thank you for your comment 🙂 I am not sure that CBD alone will help with frequency and pressure. My main symptom is burning. This disease is so tricky because there are many different symptoms and different things work for some people but not others.